"The Domestic Cat"
From these anecdotes and essays, and from my own
experience as well, I have arrived at the following
conclusions—and be it remembered I speak of cats that
are properly fed and housed, and have been taught habits
of cleanliness when kittens:—
1. That cats are extremely sagacious.
2 That cats are cleanly and regular in their habits.
3. That cats are fond of children.
4. That cats are excellent mothers, and will nurse the
young of any small animal on the loss of their own.
5. That cats are fond of roaming abroad.
6. That cats are brave to a fault.
7. That cats are fond of other animals as playmates.
8. That cats are easily taught tricks.........................